In this episode of Under the Radar I talk to Heather Burns. Heather is a designer, author and one of the most prominent voices in the fight against the new European VAT laws (VATMOSS). The changes come into effect in January of 2015, but many of us are unaware just what these changes will mean. Heather helps me to understand how these changes could effectively end business for hundreds of thousands of freelancers, consultants, small businesses and startups across Europe.
Areas covered in the podcast
- How do you determine if someone should pay VAT on your product
- How can I know where my customers are from
- How MOSS has been setup in every country across Europe
- The onus is on you to find out where your customers are based
- Why the law exists in the first place
- The cost of identifying where your customers are from
- Who is eligible to pay the new VAT
- Information you are required to store for 10 years
- and much more!